Monday, October 25, 2010

Bonfires and Birthdays and Trips, Oh My!

It's been so long since our last post!  Sorry!
Here's what has been happening over the last few months =)

Potting Training:
We've been trying this for a while, but didn't start to really get into it until after our trip to Washington.  Grandma Sharleen told us all about an awesome timer trick, and it really got the ball rolling!  Asa would get so excited everytime he would hear timer beep that he would run to the bathroom and try to go!  Most of the time, he had to go, so it worked out, other times, it was just a matter of practicing.  We eventually started weening off the timer... and he's had some accidents, but other than that, he's doing great!  We still keep him in a pull up most of the time, unless we're going to be spending a lot of time at the house, then he gets to wear his big boy underpants.  It's fun!  Well, not the accidents part, but all the rest is great!
By the way, I know most of you mom's would agree, but babies butts are soo cute, lol!
Here's an embarassing picture of Asa that I know he'll grow to regret when he gets older =)
**he's supposed to wash his hands everytime he goes to the bathroom.... he forgot to put back on his pants though, lol**

Bonfires!!!!
We love Fall!  Fall brings Football, Chili, and Bonfires!  Such a great time of year =)  So far this year, we've only been able to attend 2 Bonfires, but they were both very fun =)  Here's a couple pictures of Asa and his friend Ava enjoying some glow sticks at one of them.






Birthdays:
It was cousin Allison's 2nd birthday a few weeks ago, and the whole family got together at Adventureland Inn to enjoy some time together and the kids (and dad's) enjoyed some swimming.




I did take a few more pictures, but they didn't turn out very well due to the lighting inside the pool area.  But these two seemed to come out great =)

Trips:
Although we haven't made any huge trips like the one to Washington.  We have made a few.  Brandon had to travel out of down for business, and for Army duty.  My mom went to Virginia a few weeks ago and brought back my Grandmother June.  Mama June has Alzheimers, and does require some daily help, but other than that, is still very feisty and fun to hang out with.  While Brandon was out for Army duty, my mom, Linda, and stepdad, Dan, when to Wisconsin for Dan's birthday.  I got the pleasure of assisting with Mama June while everyone was away.  I had help from a few of my sisters, and friend, Katie =).  This was great fun, because of 2 reasons:  1) I was very sick there for 2 weeks, and this gave me some time to get away form a busy schedule and relax. 2) I got some extended time with my grandma.  We watched old movies, and she did crosswords, while I did Sudoku, and we talked during commercial breaks... all while enjoying chocolate shakes =)  **Note:  I'm feeling MUCH better now!**
We finally had a free weekend as a family to runaway.  Between the 3 of us, and the baby quickly coming, we've been busy.  So, we escaped and went to St. Louis this last week for some fun with Aunt Mary, Uncle Adam, and Cousin Allison.  Here are some fun pictures =)

Asa and Allison feeding goats at Grants Farm

Very pretty birds


Asa and Allison getting a view of the Elepant


Camels!

The camels would let you throw food into their mouths!

We missed her smile by about .2 seconds


Mary and I are deathly afraid of Bees... and this bee terrorized us ALL WEEKEND!

The Lone Elk... and Lone Elk Park

Titan missed us while we were gone... he let me know this ALL NIGHT by purring in my face, haha!


Overall, we had a great trip!  Asa did great on the ride there and back, as always.  It's always fun visiting Aunt Mary and Uncle Adam, and Asa and Allison have so much fun playing together the whole time.  My sister did post a lot of pictures on facebook and tagged me, so if you want to see more there you can!

All of this was fun! 

There is sad news to report though.  I know that I haven't been able to see most of you for a few weeks, I'm so sorry!  First I was sick, which stinks.  But then my Grandmother Mary (on my dad's side) passed.  There are actually quite a few more things that have happened that have kept us from a normal schedule, and we miss all of you very much! 

In more exciting news:  Baby Brother is growing big, and the doctors have stopped worrying about my weight gain!  I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight and still growing!  Yay!  We're less than 7 weeks away!!!!  Nursery is gradually coming together, and I'll post pictures soon =)
Also!!!  Our dear friend, Heather Guck, is due to arrive this week!!!  She's coming home from her Tour in Iraq, and everyone is so excited to see her!  Praise the Lord for her safe tour! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment